Early-Bird Welcome Reception
We will be hosting an Early-bird Welcome Reception at an LGBT club or restaurant on Wilton Drive to provide a gathering point for any participants or their guests who arrive early in the week. The location for this event has not been finalized. Please check back here for updates.
This will be a cash bar event.
Thursday Night Welcome Reception
The Thursday Welcome Reception will be held at Hunter’s Nightclub on Wilton Drive. This is a large venue capable of accommodating several hundred attendees.
2232 Wilton Dr
Wilton Manors, FL 33305
Click here for directions.
Friday Night Cabana Party
This event is planned for Friday evening at the Hyatt Pier Sixty-Six.
A lite Caribbean inspired meal will be served in the Hyatt Pier Sixty-Six’s outdoor garden and dining area.
There will be an additional $15.00 charge for attendance at this event to help defray costs. You can register for this event when you register to attend IGBO Annual 2017.
Saturday Evening Sunset Cocktail Cruise
We have partnered with Broward County Tourism (www.sunny.org) to offer a sunset cocktail cruise on Saturday evening. This event will have an additional cost of $35.00 per attendee.
- Departs at 6:30 PM
- Includes a free cocktail hour and complimentary hors d’oeuvres, followed by a cash bar
- Will feature a DJ and other entertainment
- Returns at 10:30 PM
The Sunset Cocktail Cruise will depart from and return to the Hyatt Pier Sixty-Six’s Intercostal Waterway boat slips.
You can register for this event when you register to attend IGBO Annual 2017. Space is limited, so registration in advance is strongly recommended.
If you are looking for information about the After Tournament Cruise, please click here.
Sunday Casino Brunch Excursion
Sunday brunch at the Seminole Hard Rock Casino. Transportation to and from the Hyatt Pier Sixty-Six will be provided by the Seminole Hard Rock. There is no cost for this event however attendees are responsible for their own food and entertainment costs.
Sign-up during registration is appreciated so that appropriate transportation may be arranged.
The Awards Banquet for IGBO 2017 will be held on Sunday May 28th at the Broward County Convention Center.
- Cocktail hour will be 6 PM – 7 PM, with one hour of open bar, followed by a cash bar
- Complimentary hors d’oeuvres will be passed during the cocktail hour
- Dinner and Awards will be 7 PM – 10:00 PM. If you have special dietary needs, please let us know on your application or when you come to Tournament Registration. Menu choices will be:
The Broward Convention Center is approximately 2 minutes by car or a short and scenic 0.5 mile walk across the bridge from the Hyatt Pier Sixty-Six.
Click here for Directions.
Additional special events are being planned for bowlers and non-participants to take part in during the week of IGBO 2017. Options that are currently being considered are:
- Shopping excursion to Sawgrass Mills Mall (the largest “outlet” retail shopping destination in the United States) planned for Saturday May 27th from approximately 11 AM to 4 PM.
- Everglades airboat ride and alligator watching excursion planned for Saturday May27th 10 AM to 4 PM.
You will be able to sign up for these events during Tournament and Conference registration.